New Spike Studio (Neurophys Data Acq)

Eli Meir meir at zoology.washington.edu
Wed Jul 6 21:36:26 EST 1994

I recently released a slightly new version of my data acquisition and
analysis program Spike Studio.  I fixed some bugs in the code which
collected data from the microphone input of the Mac.  If any of you
downloaded Spike Studio to digitize through the Mac sound input port
and it didn't work, you might try again.  Unfortunetly, some macintosh
sound input ports seem to have an automatic gain control which can't be
turned off, so on some mac's this is not a feasable way to collect
scientific data.

For those of you who haven't heard of Spike Studio, its a formerly
commercial data acquisition and analysis program geared towards
neurophysiologists, for Macintosh computers, which I've now released as
freeware.  In addition to very flexible digitizing on National
Instruments, GW Instruments, or the built-in Mac digitizers, it also
has lots of analysis, graphing, and printing features useful to
neurophysiologists, and possibly to others.  Its used around the world
in both laboratories and classrooms.  The manual and some sample data
is included in the package, which you can download from a number of ftp
sites, including wuarchive.wustl.edu, sumex-aim.stanford.edu, and
mac.archive.umich.edu (at least last time I checked it was on all these
places).  Email me if you have questions.

Eli Meir
Dept of Zoology, Univ of Washington
meir at zoology.washington.edu