Neural Simulator

Daniel Stainhauser stainhau at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Jul 8 07:03:34 EST 1994

Hi,

We are currently evaluating a few different simulators for a project on
spinal cord neural networks in which we would like to have realistic
neurons with channels etc. etc..  We are currently looking at the
following packages:

Biosim
Cajal
Cogito
GENESIS
NBC
NeMoSys
Neurodynamix/BiodynamiX
Neuron
NeuronC
Nodus
NSL
SFINX
SNNAP
Swim

We would be interested to hear from anyone who has experience with
any of these simulators, good or bad.  We would be especially
interested to hear from anyone who has already tried simulating
spinal cord networks.

We intend in the end to make the results of our survey public
either using World Wide Web or by publication.  We could even
send individuals documents on request.  Bear in mind, though, that
at this stage we are just beginning.

We are aware of the article from
Erik de Schutter in Trends in Neurosciences, Vol. 15, No. 11 1992 and the book,
"Neural network Simulation Environments" edited by J . Skrzypek from
Kluwer Publishing Co, Box 322, 3300 AH Dordrecht, The Netherlands.

Thank you very much,

Daniel Stainhauser
stainhau at iam.unibe.ch
Braintool Project