Higher Superstition

Adam Stephen Arthur asa3h at galen.med.Virginia.EDU
Fri Jul 8 15:56:11 EST 1994

Just ran across a book I think more scientists should read.
The book, titled "Higher Superstition" is by a biologist and a
mathematician and it details someof the things non-scientists
seem to think about science these days.  Inparticular it
examines some of the outrageous "work" (if you can call it
that) some sociologists, philosophers, literary critics etc.
are doing on postmodern deconstruction of science.

I encourage any scientists out there who care about how science
is perceived by the world at large to take a look at the book.
I'd be very interested in hearing what any of you thought of it.

				Adam S. Arthur
				Research Fellow
				U.Va. Dept. of Neurosurgery