Q:Impact of PET or MRI on models in cog sci, AI, or psychology.

Clifton G Slater cgsst+ at pitt.edu
Sun Jul 10 19:30:21 EST 1994

 I am preparing a paper on the impact of the use of PET (positron
emission tomography) and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) for brain
function mapping on current models and theories in cognitive science,
artificial intelligence, or psychology.  The medical literature is rich
with studies of these techniques to study the etiology of a host of
diseases or brain trauma, but I have had little success in locating any
literature on how these techniques/studies have influenced current models
or theories of brain function in the above disciplines.  I would appreciate
any pointers to relevant papers, theses, or dissertations in these areas.

 Thanks

 Cliff Slater