local anesthetics and nAChR

Duke Groebe drg at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu
Tue Jul 26 12:46:21 EST 1994

Does anyone out there know at what concentration of dibucaine does the
nicotinic acetylcholine receptor "desensitize"?  At what concentration(s)
of dibucaine does the presence of agonist (at some low concentration)
facilitate desensitization?  Where can I find published experiments that
investigate this?

Thanks in advance,

Duke

The opinions expressed here are my own.  MY very own and NOBODY else's!  I
THOUGHT OF THEM FIRST, HA HA, AND YOU DIDN'T!!  SEE!?  There's my name up
there!  And the date - Ooohh, the DATE!  That's important!  HEE HEE, I'M
GONNA BE RICH!  DO YOU HEAR ME!?  RICH!!  HA HA!!  They're mine...heh, heh,
all mine....  GOD!  I'm so smart!