Bibliographic Software?

Jason L. Buberel jbuberel at uiuc.edu
Sat Jul 30 09:30:48 EST 1994

In article <31bd9o$298 at agate.berkeley.edu>, lmk2 at garnet.berkeley.edu
(Leslie Kay) wrote:

> Is there a good (and inexpensive) Mac version?
> perhaps an add-on to MS Word?
>
> Leslie Kay
> lmk2 at garnet.berkeley.edu

Well, leslie, yes, there is.  It's called EndNote Plus for the mac, by
Nile's and associates.  They also have a windows and dos version.  You can
dowload a gazillion journal configuration (for when it formats your
bibliography).  It comes with a plug in module that works within MS Word
5.0 & 5.1.  By the time you read this, they may have released their
version 2.0 (current is 1.3), which boasts some nice improvements.  I
think that everyone I know who uses a bib manager on a mac uses this
program.  You can directly import refman (dos) databases.  Now, when you
compare the cost of this (~$140) to REFMAN (>$500, or so I've been told),
it makes the decision much easier.  And from what I've seen in my lab, it
makes using refman for dos like doing calculus on an abacus (but then
again, I'd say that about most things on dos computers, so take it with a
grain of severely biased salt).

Try it out, I highly reccomend it.  (Check out MacWharehouse, its usually
listed).

-jason

--
Jason L. Buberel