Shaking hands during dissections

Christopher Michael Rasch rasch at leland.Stanford.EDU
Sat Jul 30 21:04:25 EST 1994

Hi all,

	I'm learning how to dissect out the cortex of fetal mouse brains.
I dissect the brains using 3cc Dumont forceps under a field microscope, and
I'm having difficulty keeping my hands from shaking.  The shaking makes
it difficult to peel off the meninges, and often the turns the brain into
mush.
	Does anyone know why the shaking occurs, and how it can be prevented?
Is it likely to disappear as I become more skilled?  I've tried holding
the forceps with a lighter grip but it doesn't seem to help.

Thanks for your time,

Chris Rasch