Andrew M. Wertkin awertkin at
Sun Jun 12 22:36:11 EST 1994

In <jikeda-080694212727 at>, jikeda at (jun ikeda) writes:

>I am hoping to get human neuroblastoma cell lines which can be
>into neurons without NGF.  Recently, I found SH-SY5Y cell line was
>differentiated with retinoic acid.
>Please, tell me how I could get SH-SY5Y cell line, human neuroblastoma cell
>Jun Ikeda @ HSP Research Institute Co.

If you are interested in a human teratoma cell line that can be differentiated
into pure neurons with retinoic acid you can find NTera2/c1.D1 cells at the ATCC.
Methods for differentiation are published in:

Pleasure et al. (1992) J. Neurosci 12, 1802-1815

|Andrew M. Wertkin                   |                                      |
|Department of Path and Lab Medicine | email: awertkin at |
|University of Pennsylvania          | Compuserve: 70673,3033               |