New AD drug

Dag Stenberg stenberg at cc.Helsinki.FI
Thu Jun 16 15:54:03 EST 1994

Kurt A. Kistler (kistler at wrote:
> Does anyone know anything about the new AD drug that is going through clinical
> trials right now?  It's called something like Salbelusol, and the short radio
> report on it stated it was not a AChE inhibitor.

Salb... suggests something different, but I would have suspected that a
new drug in clinical trials would be tacrine.
  Tacrine just got prohibited in Sweden, and no more clinical trials
will be allowed. This might interest some people...

Dag Stenberg                               stenberg at
Department of Physiology                   stenberg at finuh.bitnet
P.O.Box 9                                  tlx: 1002125 finuh sf
    (Siltavuorenpenger 20 J)               fax: int.+358-0-1918681
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki,Finland   tel: int.+358-0-1918532