Stereotaxic Atlas for the Mac

Kevin Clancy PhD clancy at DRUID.HSC.COLORADO.EDU
Tue Mar 22 21:37:13 EST 1994

Concerning your letter about sterotaxic atlases for the Mac or PC. I used
BrainBrowser in England, which is set up for the rat.This was set up to
run on the Mac and needed Hypercard 2.0 or better. It was useful because
it had a number of sterotaxic sections in each of three orientations
from the rat sterotaxic atlas by Hames and Higgins. It wasn't too bad,
and if you have a digitiser you could probably add more sections to the
hypercard stack. You could also draw maps linking neurons with pathways
and it had a number of other features like a neuroanatomy tutor and a
section where you could add your own written text. I found it adaptable
and user friendly. If you look in the Neuroscience section under the
biology section of the world wide web subject catalogue, you will find
a section about Brain Browser.
I don't know of a human atlas, but the authors of the Brain Browser
package where supposed to be doing something on this.
Write back if you want more information.
Kevin Clancy
Eleanor Roosevelt Institute, Denver