Image analysis

Mark Mattson mpm at seqanal.mi.uky.edu
Mon Mar 28 11:35:45 EST 1994

Carlos Ibanez (cib at kidec.cmb.ki.se) wrote:

:  Would you know of any good program for analyzing area of
:  labelled cells;intensity of labelling; number and length
:  of dendrites and axonal projections that could be compatible
:  with both data from fluorescence and in situ hybridization.

: Thank you for your help.
: Ernest

There are several commercially available systems (BioQuant in Nashville,
Tennessee, USA, sells some nice software).  But, many have been using
the public domain software from NIH called "NIH Image Vers. ?" which
is available from several ftp servers.  I know it can do intensity, length,
and area.  Don't know if it could be customized to automatically count
neurites.

E-mail me if you can't find an ftp source or no one posts it here.

Steven W. Barger, Ph.D.
Sanders-Brown Center on Aging