Marijuana and IQ

William_Mosco at vos.stratus.com William_Mosco at vos.stratus.com
Thu May 5 10:15:25 EST 1994

   I'm reposting this article to this newsgroup, it was pulled off
   alt.drugs.  Hopefully someone here can help me.  Thanx.

=> murple at ukelele.gcr.com (Murple) wrote:

   Receptors of THC (marijuana) in the brain?

=>...but in 1992 someone discovered previously unknown receptors in the
=>brain that THC bonds to...but no brain chemicals seem to bond to these
=>sites. It is almost as if these sites were specifically meant for THC, as
=>nothing else known bonds to them.

 I've read this before; I believe the discovery was made at UCLA.

 I've also read that the study was proven inaccurate.  Are there
 any health experts out there who could clarify this above study?

 THanx in advance.

 Cheers!

       --Bill M.

         "I submit that an individual who breaks the law that
         conscience tells him is unjust and willingly accepts
         the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience
         of the community over its injustice, is in reality
         expressing the very highest respect for law."

                                        --Martin Luther King Jr.