radiation damage to lower spine

Jeff Eisen jne at rice-chex.ai.mit.edu
Fri May 6 15:46:30 EST 1994

My mother has been totally bedridden for two years because of nerve damage
from two courses of radiation to her spine for metastatic breast cancer.
The cancer appears to be in remission.

My mother, who is 60 years old, is unable to cope with physical therapy
becaue of the pain it causes, which feels like a rope around her body in
a complete circle at the level of the middle of her hips.  She cannot use
most painkillers because she has chemical allergies.

She has Babinski's reflex in her right foot and has been told that she
probably will never walk again.  Above the waist she appears to be ok.
She has tried nutritional methods, homeopathy including homeopathic
x-ray, massage therapy to try to break up the scar tisue, energetic
healing, and so forth.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Please respond via e-mail because I don't follow these lists.

Thank you.

Jeff E.
jne at ai.mit.edu