REFERENCE FOR VESTIBULAR SENSE?

Jason Dean Becker jdbecker at acs.ucalgary.ca
Wed May 11 11:10:04 EST 1994

Does anybody know of a readable introductory reference to the
vestibular sense? Or of vestibular-visual interaction? I have
looked in MEDLINE and PSYCLIT and have found nothing. It appears
to me that this is an area of investigation that is seriously
neglected.

I am looking for something like an article from SCIENTIFIC
AMERICAN; this reference is for an architectural student friend of
mine who is interested in the perception of the body in space.

Thanks in advance!

Jason Becker

P.S.

In the old series CONNECTIONS with James Burke, their was one
episode where he was seated in a room and the entire room was
revolved around him. He commented that even though you knew you
were stationary the illusion was very powerful.