monoaminergic organization in prefrontal cx
GARY ASTON-JONES, PH.D.
aston at HAL.HAHNEMANN.EDU
Fri May 13 08:14:06 EST 1994
A few relevant refs:
1. Aoki C. Beta-adrenergic receptors: astrocytic localization in the adult
visual cortex and their relation to catecholamine axon terminals as revealed by
elecvtron microscopic immuohistochemistry. J. Neurosci. (1992) 12:781-792.
2. Olschowka JA, Molliver ME, Grzanna R, Rice FL, Coyle JT. Ultrastructural
demonstration of noradrenergic synapses in the rat central nervous system by
dopamine-beta-hydroxylase immunocytochemistry. J. Histochem. Cytochem. (1981)
3. Papadopoulos GC, Parnavelas JG, Buijs R. Monoaminergic fibers form
conventional synapses in the cerebral cortex. Neurosci. Lett. (1987) 76:275-279.
4. Papadopoulos GC, Parnavelas JG, Buijs RM. Light and electron microscopic
immunocytochemical analysis of the noradrenaline innervation of the rat visual
cortex. J. Neurocytol. (1989) 18(1):1-10.
5. Papadopoulos GC, Parnavelas JG. Distribution and synaptic organization of
serotoninergic and noradrenergic axons in the lateral geniculate nucleus of the
rat. J. Comp. Neurol. (1990) 294(3):345-55.
More information about the Neur-sci