researches in acupuncture

AlangM Stein alstein at EIS.CALSTATE.EDU
Sun May 15 15:48:43 EST 1994

On Sun, 15 May 1994, Barry B. Sandrew Ph.D wrote:

> Qing Sheng <qing at riga.ks.uiuc.edu> writes:
>
> >I'm trying to find out if there are any researches in acupunctures
> >in the US. I'm extremely interested in understanding the mechanism of
> >acupuncture on the basic research level (instead of its clinical
> >applications). Since my background is in physics, I'm hoping to start
> >doing research and learn the necessary material along the way.
Here in southern california where in some neighborhoods there is a
acupunture shop on every bloack a puncturist is reported to have
recomended a patient stop taking sulfa for a bladder infection. How
effective is puncturing for this infection or should malpractice be
pursued?

> You might try Melzack in Montreal or John Bonica at U of Washington.
> They're not doing acupunture research but I'm certain they could
> point you in the right direction.
>
> -barry

alan stein
po box 020241