LSD and histamine ??

Todd I. Stark stark at dwovax.enet.dec.com
Wed May 18 12:30:51 EST 1994

Richard Restak in his recent _Receptors_ has a comment in the last chapter
about LSD having as the mechanism of its psychoactive effects a differential
response of excitatory vs. inhibitory subtypes of *histamine* receptors, (as
opposed to serotoninergic ones).  Is this an error, or are there metabolic
products responsible ?  Can anyone help clear this up for me ?

What are the current theories of LSD action on the brain ?

Dr. Restak also mentions that "quantum mechanical" analysis was used to
determine this.  There are no specific references.  What is he talking
about ?

							kind regards,

							todd
| Todd I. Stark                           stark at dwovax.enet.dec.com           |
| Digital Equipment Corporation	                     (215) 542-3573           |
| Philadelphia, Pa. 19152   USA                                               |