grad schools

Donald Wigston meddjw at emoryu1.cc.emory.edu
Mon May 23 15:55:17 EST 1994

Scott A. Oakman (oakma001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu) wrote:
: In article <2rp932$o15 at hannibal.psych.ucla.edu> Stephan Anagnostaras,
: stephan at hannibal.psych.ucla.edu writes:
: >
: > Here are some of the best Neuroscience programs to consider:
: >
: > (not in any order)
: >
: > UCLA Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
: > UCSD Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
: > UCSF Neuroscience
: > berkeley Neuroscience
: > Duke
: > Michigan
: > Northwestern
: > Washington University (St. Louis)
: > University of Washington (Washington)
: > Cornell, Columbia
: > NYU (Neural Science program)
: > USC Neuroscience
: > Purdue Neuroscience
: > Stanford
: > MIT
: > Boston U
: >
: >
: > Many others. (Anyone who feels slighted, add your university here)

: Thank you for this opportunity to say that the University of Minnesota,
: Minneapolis/St. Paul has an excellent interdisciplinary Neuroscience
: program with a very diverse faculty and an enjoyable quality of life.

I would like to add Emory University. We have a very broad program here,
meaning you can do almost anything from molecular neurobiology to
behavioral neurobiology. We have something like 60 faculty associated with
our graduate Neuroscience program. The students that come here form a very
closeknit group and faculty-student relations are very good and informal.
Atlanta is an exciting place to live, home of the Braves, and host of the
Olympics. Of course grad students don't get time to follow sport, do they?