grad schools

nishir at ohsu.edu nishir at ohsu.edu
Mon May 23 19:50:00 EST 1994

In article <2rr57l$6oe at emoryu1.cc.emory.edu> meddjw at emoryu1.cc.emory.edu
(Donald Wigston) writes:
>Scott A. Oakman (oakma001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu) wrote:
>: In article <2rp932$o15 at hannibal.psych.ucla.edu> Stephan Anagnostaras,
>: stephan at hannibal.psych.ucla.edu writes:
>: >
>: > Here are some of the best Neuroscience programs to consider:
>: >
>: > (not in any order)
>: >
>: > UCLA Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
>: > UCSD Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
>: > UCSF Neuroscience
>: > berkeley Neuroscience
>: > Duke
>: > Michigan
>: > Northwestern
>: > Washington University (St. Louis)
>: > University of Washington (Washington)
>: > Cornell, Columbia
>: > NYU (Neural Science program)
>: > USC Neuroscience
>: > Purdue Neuroscience
>: > Stanford
>: > MIT
>: > Boston U
>: >
>: >
>: > Many others. (Anyone who feels slighted, add your university here)
>
>: Thank you for this opportunity to say that the University of Minnesota,
>: Minneapolis/St. Paul has an excellent interdisciplinary Neuroscience
>: program with a very diverse faculty and an enjoyable quality of life.
>

>I would like to add Emory University.

Let me add Oregon Health Sciences University.  Our Neuroscience Program
includes more than 70 faculty at OHSU (School of Medicine, Vollum Institute,
and School of Dentistry) and its nearby affiliated institutions (the VA
hospital, R.S. Dow Neurological Sciences Institute, and the Oregon Regional
Primate Research Center).  The program is extremely diverse with divisions into
molecular, systems, cellular, developmental, and behavioral research.  Needless
to say, quality of life in Oregon is outstanding and still affordable.

Rae Nishi, Ph.D.
OHSU
Portland, Oregon