grad schools

Andrew M. Wertkin awertkin at eniac.seas.upenn.edu
Mon May 23 22:45:02 EST 1994

In message <2rp932$o15 at hannibal.psych.ucla.edu> - stephan at hannibal.psych.ucla.e
du (Stephan Anagnostaras) writes:
>Unless you have two or three publications, a perfect undergraduate
>record, and perfect GRE or MCAT scores, you should rule out MD/PhD
>programs. I don't mean to discourage you if you actually have these
>qualifications, but if you don't you shouldn't consider applying to
>an MSTP program.

Don't confuse MD/PhD with MSTP.  The admission qualifications for MD/PhD at
many Schools is simply acceptance from both the Medical School and the
Graduate Program.  MSTP, on the other hand, is a federally funded program
that is extremely competitive.  The University of Pennyslvania has many
MD/PhD students that are not in the MSTP program.

Andrew M. Wertkin
University of Pennsylvania