Skinny Dip

Jonah Michaud jonah at gluttony.ugcs.caltech.edu
Wed May 25 11:51:39 EST 1994

dwend001 at popmail.acs.ohio-state.edu (Dan Wendelin) writes:
>In article <2rs3ht$bn at anshar.shadow.net> keogh at anshar.shadow.net (Matt Keogh) writes:
>   This commercial junk has been posted to ALL newsgroups, which, at least
>to me, says that it is flame time, NO?  If we are to avoid the net becoming
>just another junk mail box, we MUST defend it.

Don't bother.  His account doesn't exist anymore.  Aside from that, it was
probably a forgery.  Look at the header:

...!usenet.cis.ufl.edu!anshar.shadow.net!anshar.shadow.net!nobody

Probably posted directly to the port.  It could have been posted by anyone,
anywhere- not necessarily someone in Florida- and the only way to know for
sure is to see the logs.  Unfortunately, your knee-jerk reaction to fire off
a flame is all too predictable, and easily exploited.

Btw, was it really necessary to repost the entire article?