Scorpions needed for Neuro-studies

z_mcwestkj at titan.sfasu.edu z_mcwestkj at titan.sfasu.edu
Thu Nov 3 14:48:36 EST 1994

Howdy y'all!

I know this may sound a bit weird for this group, but I need Scorpions!
Yes, friends, I am studying the neurology of the pedipalp chelae (hands) fo
scorpions using SEM and TEM.  I need a wide variety of Genera, Species,
Families for this project that I began two years ago.  i'm having a tough time
receiving specimens (live or dead) from Museums and private collections because
of the nature of EM preparation.

i need the little guys from Everywhere!  I will gladly pay postage.  Being a
student y'all should realize that I AM broke and may not be able to pay for
time expenditures, but ya never know, it all comes from liking honey so much.

Any takers should Email directly to me.  i will be posting a similar message on
various groups and i may not have the time to check the groups, but i always
have time to check my mail!

those of you who are Not of the USA and would love to help (actually, you are
my favourite people because of the opportunities!  ;) i need to contact the US
fish and wildlife folx before getting into it.  some new laws are really
screwing things up for us systematists.  and that really chaps my hide.

ok,
thanks a ton!

kari j. mcwest
SFASU box 15543