Looking for good into neuro text

Joshua S Rodefer rode0008 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Thu Nov 3 17:07:56 EST 1994

>Sure, these are all good texts (KANDEL et al), especially if you are a more
>molecular or cellular type.  If you are also interested in behavior,
>consider these introductory texts:
>
>1) very introductory: Biological Psychology (Kalat)
>2) less introductory: Physiology of Behavior (for some reason, I
>     am forgetting the name right now)
[snip]       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Neil R. Carlson....he has 3 books....an intro psych book,
a lower level physio book (undergrads) called "Physiological Psychology",
and an upper level physio book (adv undergrads/grads) called "Physiology
of Behavior".  I believe the 4th ed of Physio of Behav should be due out
in the next 6 mths - 1 yr (Allyn and Bacon publishers, I believe)

Also consider Levitan and Kaczmarek's _The Neuron_ (Oxford
Press)...available in paperback, 1/8 size of Kandel, albeit more
molecular and cellular oriented than behavioral.

cheers
josh
*******
rode0008 at gold.tc.umn.edu