Keeping track of cells on circular glass coverslips?

Dave Pataky pataky at bcu.ubc.ca
Sat Nov 5 17:09:35 EST 1994

In article <ladic.301.0019EB69 at cs.ubc.ca>, ladic at cs.ubc.ca (Lance Ladic) wrote:

> I am posting this question on behalf of a colleague of mine:
>
> Does anyone know a way of marking a *circular, glass* coverslip (e.g. with
> grids) that will allow for keeping track of cultured cells stuck to the
> coverslip between washes? (the application is calcium imaging and the imaging
> machine requires the use of circular coverslips.)

Lance,

I recently bought some square etched grid glass coverslips from Bellco.
They have labelled 0.6x0.6mm squares etched on them in a 20x26 grid,
perhaps Bellco also sells round ones.  Or, maybe you could trim them?  If
you think these might do the trick, e-mail me and i'll give you all the
info on where to get them, could also give you a couple to see if you can
make them work.
Regards,

--
Dave Pataky