discussion on the neuroscience news group

x011 at ns1.CC.Lehigh.EDU x011 at ns1.CC.Lehigh.EDU
Mon Nov 7 08:38:18 EST 1994

In article <01HJ5UQCRBCY005JDI at BIOMED.MED.YALE.EDU>, NOVOTNY%MRCBS at BIOMED.MED.YA
LE.EDU (RUSTY) writes:
>REGARDING ACCESS TO MEDLINE OR OTHER DATABASES!  Many users do have access
>to these sources, but part of use of a discussion group is to obtain
>information from "experts" directly.  A database such as MEDLINE can be
>searched for a specific topic and if 100 references are found which of
>these are important or should all be read. How do you prioritize the
>references? A discussion group may help address some of these questions!
>
>EJ Novotny    novotny at biomed.med.yale.edu

I agree.  In addition, a person may be knowledgeable in an area but
has not used that information lately.  The questions stimulate
implications that can be very stimulating to the person reading
the question and chain into some interesting research.  Ron Blue