Postnatal brain development

Michael amselab at psyvax.psy.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 10 14:51:29 EST 1994

In article <mdcox.783806235 at wadsworth> Margaret Davis-Cox,
mdcox at news.wadsworth.org writes:
>What is the difference between a male rat brain and a female rat brain
during
>the first two postnatal weeks?  Are there hormonal differences that
induce
>different developmental programs?  I am particularly interested in any
>information on gender differences in the development of the limbic and
motor systems.
>Any ideas or references to the literature will be greatly appreciated.
>	Thanks!
>	  Meg

I don't really have an answer for you, Meg, but I suggest that you look
into some primate work by Bachevalier.  She and her colleagues have shown
differntial rates of brain maturation and differential rates of
behavioral maturation using DNMS task.

Michael