Models of Neuron Arrays

Jeffrey S Brush jeffyb at
Wed Nov 9 21:57:40 EST 1994

Harry Erwin (herwin at wrote:
: In PDE solution techniques, there is a good deal of concern about the
: stability of the algorithm. Explicit algorithms tend to be unstable
: (noise amplifies), while implicit algorithms tend to be stable (noise
: dies away). One consequence is that implicit algorithms are not very
: good for studying dynamics. The biologically realistic neural array
: models I've seen appear to be explicit algorithms. Has anyone studied
: their stability and validity?

: --
: Harry Erwin
: Internet: herwin at

1.  Are you implying that unstable == invalid??  I mean, the system does
after exhibit dynamical behavior :)!

2.  I haven't grabbed this yet, but it looked interesting to me and maybe it
addresses your question: