Subcellular Fractionation

k.c.breen at dundee.ac.uk k.c.breen at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Nov 7 13:44:18 EST 1994

We are studying the cellular expression of an enzyme which can exist both
in the Golgi and at the level of the cell membrane. In vivo, subcellular
fractionation is relatively straightforward using a differential gradient
system.

However, I have not come accross a parallel method for separating the
plasma membranes and Golgi fractions from a cultured cell monolayer. This
is a particular problem when the small amount of starting material is taken
into consideration. Has anybody elso come accross this problem, or how it
may be addressed?

Kieran Breen
Dept. of Pharmacology,
University of Dundee,