A Struggling Student

Jason L. Eriksen jerikse at news.luc.edu
Thu Nov 17 16:22:28 EST 1994

Brian A. Hollander (afn08460 at FREENET.UFL.EDU) wrote:

: On 17 Nov 1994, jeffrey myron jr thompson wrote:

: Jazz great Louie Armstrong said when asked to explain Jazz, "Lady, if ya
: gotta ask, you can't be told." I think this applies here.
: BAH

*Sigh*.  Nope, sorry.  You got the quotation wrong, who is was attributed to wrong, and you didn't answer the fellow's question.

Concerning Neurosurgery:  I can't tell you the salary, as the varies a lot
depending on where you go, but you make a very good living.  Of course, you
get to work *many, many* hours, so go into because you like it, not for the
money.  At Loyola, total schooling is probably around 12 years.  That includes
4 years college, 4 years medical, and additional residency time of 4 years or
so (which includes getting an MS in addition to an MD). Again, that is a ball
park figure; what my neurosurgery resident friends tell me.

It's a very hard program, and selective to boot.

       Jason Eriksen