CT/MRI Scans of Head Complex

Dr Gareth Barker gareth at nmr.ion.bpmf.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 07:25:32 EST 1994

In article 1sm at xdm084.ccc.cranfield.ac.uk, ea932783 at xdm009.ccc.cranfield.ac.uk (A.R.LAWSON) writes:
>Hello Neuro Netters,
>	I was wandering whether anyone could provide me with some assistance. I am currently developing a finite element model of the head complex and I require anatomical data points to create the model. Is there anyone who could supply me with CT/MRI scans of the head complex. These will be digitised to obtain the data points that I require. This approach is to adopted so that various levels of simplification can be assumed from the scans.

Please hit <return> occasionally!

< deleted>

>Email: A.R.Lawson at cranfield.ac.uk

Sorry to post, but email to
	A.R.Lawson at cranfield.ac.uk
	postmaster at cranfield.ac.uk
	root at cranfield.ac.uk
	ea932783 at xdm009.ccc.cranfield.ac.uk
all bounced.  Get some one to fix your email!

Anyway ...

To: A.R.Lawson at cranfield.ac.uk
Subject: Re: CT/MRI Scans of Head Complex

Sorry, I can't help with your specific needs, but if you're looking for
CT/MR data you might do better if you asked for the original (digital)
data.  Asking people to send you scans (by which I presume you mean
hardcopy/xray film) is asking for trouble as you have no control
over the contrast, magnification, etc.

As for contacts, both Guys Hospital and the Hammersmith Hospital in London
(UK, for USreaders :-) have done a lot of work on registering multi modality
images, and maytherefore have some registered CT/MR datasets available.  I've no
particular contact names, but phoning and asking for either
medical physics, MR, CT, (or the cyclotron unit in the case of Hammersmith)
*may* get you somewhere.

Good luck,

---

Gareth J. Barker,		Institute of Neurology, Queen Square,
				London WC1N 3BG, UK.

JANET    : g.barker at uk.ac.bpmf.ion.nmr
INTERNET : g.barker at nmr.ion.bpmf.ac.uk