telemetry

Dag Stenberg stenberg at cc.Helsinki.FI
Wed Nov 23 06:06:38 EST 1994

John Acord (JBOYLE at ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> >dougfitzpatrick wrote:
> >> Two companies to contact are Data Sciences, Inc and Mini-Mitter, Co.,
> Does anyone have the addresses of these two telemetry manufacturers?
> Also, how are they used in neuroscience research?

The Mini-Mitter Company, Inc.
Sunriver, Oregon 97707 USA
phone (503) 593-8639
fax (503) 593-5604

Data Sciences
2678 Patton Road
St.Paul, Minnesota 55113 USA

Mini-Mitter transmitters can be equipped for at least temperature,
activity, or/and ECG. EEG transmitters with up to 4 channels are
also available, and blood pressure transmitters including a tranducer.
There is also a brain probe transmitter (25 gauge with thermistor)
that can be made at 3-4 months' notice. Transmitters can be implanted.
Some receivers operate at a few feet's distance only, but there are
also transmitters operating at hundreds of feet, and receivers capable
of picking up the signal at 500...1500 feet.

Data Sciences transmitters come in 1,2,3 and 4 channel versions. One uses
one's own electrodes (ECG, EEG, EMG). They also provide blood pressure
tranducers. The receiver is a flat unit to be placed no more than
40 cm from the transmitter, which can be implanted subcutaneously
or intraperitoneally into an animal.

This is brochure information. I have no personal experience.

Dag Stenberg     MD PhD                    stenberg at cc.helsinki.fi
Institute of Biomedicine		   tel: int.+358-0-1918532
Department of Physiology                   fax: int.+358-0-1918681
P.O.Box 9       (Siltavuorenpenger 20 J)   tlx: 1002125 finuh sf
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki,Finland
        X.400:   /C=FI/A=FUMAIL/P=INET/O=HELSINKI/OU=CC/S=STENBERG/