*** Scripps Neurologic Rating Scale (NRS) & Kurtzke EDSS?!?!? ***

R. Wong u9317302 at muss.cis.McMaster.CA
Wed Nov 23 00:58:40 EST 1994

I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I am writing a paper on Multiple Sclerosis for my Neuroscience class and in
one of my resources it describes a study in which two rating scales were used.

	1)	Scripps Neurologic Rating Scale (NRS)
	2)	Kurtzke Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS)

These tests were used to assess clinical activity of MS.  Severity of MS
exacerbation was determined by quantitative change in NRS and EDSS scores.

Can anyone tell me EXACTLY what these tests actually measure, and how they are
performed?

Thanks for your help.

Robert Wong <u9317302 at muss.cis.mcmaster.ca>