Decay of Synaptic Connections in the brain

temp M.Hellicar at staffs.ac.uk
Wed Nov 23 14:54:49 EST 1994

Hello all,

I'm a final year student at Staffs Uni and I am aiming to simulate the
decay of synaptic connections in the brain through the use of artificial
neural networks. The aim of my research is to study the effects such
decay might have on the performance and learning capabilities of
the network.

However, I know very little about this type of decay in biological neural
networks.  Can anyone point me in the direction of some documentation on
this matter, or fill me in with any details they might have?

Cheers,

Matthew A.C. Hellicar
M.Hellicar at staffs.ac.uk