EEG and human orgasm

matt spitzer mwspitze at uci.edu
Tue Nov 22 18:27:28 EST 1994

In article <3atltq$6es at vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, kspencer at iti.org (Kevin
Spencer) wrote:

> What I meant was that recording intracranially while subjects are doing
> whatever they did to have orgasms seemed bizarre to me, not the intra-
> cranial recordings themselves.

Did you say bizarre?  Here are some more references that are more directly
on topic:

Sem-Jacobsen, C. W.  (1968).  Depth-electrographic stimulation of the human
brain and behavior:  From fourteen years os studies and treatment of
Parkinson's disease and mental disorders with implanted electrodes.
Springfield, Ill.  C.C. Thomas.

Check out the journal on this one:

Bishop, M.P., S.T. Elder, R.G. Heath (1963).  Intracranial self-stimulation
in man.  Science  140:  394-6.

Higgins, J.W., G.F. Mahl, J.M.R. Delgado, and H. Hamlin (1956).  Behavioral
changes during intracerebral electrical stimulation.  Arch. Neurol.
Psychiat., (Chicago), 76:  399-419.

According to Delgado, both the Sem-Jacobsen and Higgins papers report
orgasm or sexual pleasure induced by stimulation of specific sites.