NO in LTP

Javan W Herberg uctljwh at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Nov 23 11:51:13 EST 1994

petrosd at pell1l23.alleg.edu (Dominic Petrossi) writes:

>	Does anyone have information and/or possible sources for the role
>of NO in LTP?  Sources would be greatly appreciated as the door is
>beginning to open on this fascinating retrograde messenger and its obvious
>role in memory.

There must be at least a dozen enthusiastic reports - easily
summoned by an on-line search - but we are now starting to read that
LTP is NO-dependent only in neonates and at unphysiologically
low temperatures (Williams..Errington..Bliss etc. 1993 Neuron 5:877).
And the grapevine has it that in press stuff on
learning, conditioning and kindling is even less confirmatory.

Fascinating.

Jacob Herberg (LHerberg at ION.BPMF.AC.UK)