Computers Understanding Thought

T.A. Donaldson 92tad at eng.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 25 08:56:28 EST 1994

I have heard about an experiment in which a computer was able to pick up and understand the THOUGHTS Yes or No, and also move a cursor around the screen by picking up thoughts.

I understand that this was done by using SQUIDS (superconducting quantum interference devices), and have found a lot of articles on the technical side of setting up SQUIDS (see IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity 1993), which suggest that this is possible.

However, I have not found any article in which the meaning of the neural data collected was succesfully understood by computer.

Does anyone know of the research I am talking about and could tell me what journal articles apply? Anyone got any related information?

Tom Donaldson