b.n FAQ call for contributions

Hannah Dvorak DvorakH at starbase1.caltech.edu
Wed Nov 30 22:02:13 EST 1994

In article <mwspitze-291194192431 at phar2.medsurge.hsis.uci.edu>,
mwspitze at uci.edu (matt spitzer) wrote:

> I have prepared most of a first draft of a bionet.neuroscience FAQ.  I will
> post it soon to solicit comments, but I still need the following:
>
> 1.  The original bionet.neuroscience introductory message posted by Jim
> Olds a few weeks ago (but, sadly, expired on my news server).
>
> 2.  More frequently asked questions with answers.  So far I only have:
>
> Does anyone know of any references on ___________?
> (answer contains a long explanation of accessing Medline)
>
> Where can I get information about neuroscience training programs?
> (my answer only covers North America)
>
> Where can I get information about X?  (where X is a neurological disease or
> neuro-degenerative disorder)

How about a list of good reference texts?  Here are some of the ones on my
shelf:

Kandel, Schwartz, and Jessell, _Principles of Neural Science_
Shepherd, _Neurobiology_
Shepherd, _The Synaptic Organization of the Brain_
Nichols, Martin, and Wallace, _From Neuron to Brain_
Hille, _Ionic Channels of Excitable Membranes_
Koch and Segev, _Methods in Neuronal Modeling_
Hall, _ An Introduction to Molecular Neurobiology_

--
Hannah Dvorak                           |
DvorakH at starbase1.caltech.edu           |