Neuroscience antibodies

Klas Kullander Klas.Kullander at
Thu Oct 13 08:12:08 EST 1994

>Could someone help me in testing the following antibodies in
>immunohistochemistry on rat brain section?
>1. anti-substance P
>2. anti dopamine beta hydroxylase
>3. anti- somatostatin
>4. anti-nerve growth factor
>I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
>Sujay Singh                                                    sujay at
>NETCOM, the West Coast's Leading Internet Service Provider.      (408) 554-8649

Hi Netters

Regarding antibodies 1-3 you can find plenty of information in Tomas
Hokfelts work (Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden). As to antibodies
against NGF we have tried 27/21 (Boehringer Mannheim) with poor results
mainly because NGF is expressed in the rat brain at low levels.

Klas Kullander
Department of Developmental Neuroscience        *     *
BMC, Box 587
Uppsala University                                <>
S-751 23 Uppsala
Sweden                                          \_____/

e-mail address: Klas at