Vectors and neurotransmitters?

Peter Laudrup plaudrup at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Fri Oct 14 12:37:01 EST 1994

In article <37maft$8lu at ns2.CC.Lehigh.EDU>,  <x011 at ns2.CC.Lehigh.EDU> wrote:
>Does the concept that the neural signals act like a modulated electro magnetic
>signal make sense.  In a sine wave system the wave goes up and down.
>Could neurotransmitters act as a vector of up/down instead of stimulate/
>inhibit.  If so the concept of vector could help guide research.
>
>What do you think?  Ron Blue

It sounds very interesting. However, I'm not sure what you mean. How would a
vector be able to explain the actions the neurotransmitters have on
ion-channels ? Will you sinus wave ever release other transmitters ?

Please explain your thought in a little more detail

Peter Laudrup
Visiting Scholar

Ohio State University
College of Pharmacy                Phone: +1 614 292 1859
500 W 12th Ave #520                Fax: +1 614 292 9083
Columbus, OH-43210                 E-mail: laudrup at osu.edu