Neuroscience antibodies

CROCKETTDP crockettdp at
Sun Oct 16 11:52:02 EST 1994

In article <sujayCxLLn5.9DG at>, sujay at (Sujay Singh)

The protocols for immunolocalization of the neuropeptides substance P and
somatostatin are standard.   We have had good results with polyclonal
antibodies made in rabbit purchased from a number of companies.   We use
biotin-avidin methods  (Vectastain ABC kits).

We have had trouble localizing NGF immunocytochemically using both Sigma
and B-M antibodies.   The main problem is that NGF is expressed at very
low levels.   The fixation protocol is also likely to be critical.  You
are probably better off with in situ hybridization.

D. Crockett