memory for pictures

x011 at ns2.CC.Lehigh.EDU x011 at ns2.CC.Lehigh.EDU
Wed Oct 19 11:36:21 EST 1994

In article <jkiernan.27.2EA3F1AC at julian.uwo.ca>, jkiernan at julian.uwo.ca (J. A. K
iernan) writes:
>In article <pgraf.1.00110FE6 at cortex.psych.ubc.ca> pgraf at cortex.psych.ubc.ca (Pe
ter Graf) writes:
>>From: pgraf at cortex.psych.ubc.ca (Peter Graf)
>>Subject: memory for pictures
>>Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 17:03:36
>
>>I am seeking a standardized test to examine long term (i.e. more than 2 weeks)
>>recognition memory for pictures of common objects.  If you know of such a
>>test, please reply by email to pgraf at cortex.psych.ubc.ca
>
>   If they are common objects, won't you remember what
>   they are even without looking at pictures?
>                                              J.A.K.

Not necessarily.  We develop mental models.  It is likely that a code
may be available to state the time when the model was updated.  The
angle and shading of the stimulus could be different from the model.
So a good test of memory functions could be conducted with such proceedures.
Ron Blue