antibodies from Santa Cr

DAVID GLASS david_glass at SMTP.REGPHA.COM
Wed Oct 19 23:39:04 EST 1994

        Reply to:   RE>antibodies from Santa Cruz
My experience with Santa Cruz antibodies has been mixed - it seems
that they release a lot of products without extensive testing.

The trk antibodies are pretty good - but don't count on specificity, the
antibodies raised against the C terminus of TrkA or TrkB cross-react
to all three trks.  When we tested the trkC antibodies, we weren't happy,
they
didn't work well in immune-precipitations.  That reminds me that the
TrkA and TrkB antibodies work well in i/ps but much less well in westerns, in
my experience (sorry I don't remember specific catalog numbers).

--------------------------------------
Date: 10/19/94 22:13
To: DAVID GLASS
From: Rafael Linden
To: neuroscience at net.bio.net
From: RLINDEN%BRLNCC.BITNET at vtbit.cc.vt.edu (Rafael Linden)
Subject: antibodies from Santa Cruz Biotech
Date: 19 Oct 1994 18:43:00 -0700
Sender: daemon at net.bio.net

Hi. I would like to hear from anyone who has used any of the
antibodies below from Santa Cruz Biotechnology particularly on
rat tissue. Are they any good?
-p53
-c-myc and Max
bcl-2 and bax
cyclin D
anti-phosphotyrosine
anti trk (various for trk, trkB, trkC, all together, etc)
Yeah, all apoptosis-related, one way or the other.
Thanks for any info.
Cyclin is D1 above.

Rafael Linden
IBCCF-UFRJ
E-mail: RLINDEN at BRLNCC.BITNET
Phone: 55-21-290-6897 Fax: 55-21-280-8193