Neurophysiologist Ph.D. seeks a position

Elena Suponeva ai825 at FREENET.CARLETON.CA
Sat Oct 29 20:24:47 EST 1994

I am posting this for my friend  Ludmila  Antonova,  working  now  in
Russia and looking for a research position abroad.

     Her Main Research Interests are:

     1) Behavioral and neurophysiological aspects of the action of
        neuropeptides on the nervous system.
     2) Neurophysiological aspects of pathogenesis of motor function.
     3) Study of the functioning of neuromotor system at different
        levels (central, segmentary and periphery) by electroneuro-
        myographic method.
     4) Microwave resonance therapy.

Please send your offers to my e-mail address or directly to her:

Ludmila  V.  ANTONOVA

      Institute  of  Pediatry,  Russian Academy  of  Medical
      Sciences,  2/62  Lomonosovsky   prospekt, Moscow,
      117 296 Russia

      Home address: Matveevskaya 1, apt. 253,
                    Moscow,  119  517  Russia

      FAX:  (095) 230-23-29 PTO GlavUPDK Pozdnyakovu
      Dear Sir/Madam,

      I am looking now for a temporal position in a  modern  research
laboratory in the West. There are two reasons for that. First of all,
I would like  to  improve  my  level  of  proficiency;  second,  it's
difficult now to do research  in  Russia  because  of  the  financial
difficulties as you may know.
      In 1974 I graduated from the Moscow State  University  after  5
years course at the Biological Faculty  with  the  specialization  in
human and animal physiology. During the years 1974-1977 I studied the
influence of some neurotropic compounds on the  function  of  various
brain structures using electrophysiological methods, at the  Research
Institute of Biological Testing of of Chemical Compounds.
      After  that  I  continued  my  studies  in  the  Moscow   State
University and in the year 1981 I defended there my  Ph.  D.  thesis:
"The influence of ACTH and its analogues on  the  learning  and  some
physiological reactons of white rats".
      Since 1981 while working at  the  Institute  of  the  Molecular
Genetics of the USSR  Academy  of  Sciences,  in  the  laboratory  of
regulatory peptides, I have studied more than 20 peptides which  were
synthesized in our laboratory. We have found the correlation  between
the structure of  ACTH  fragments  and  their  behavioral,  nootropic
activity.
      Now I am a  senior  research  scientist  at  the  Institute  of
Pediatry of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences  and  study  here
the neurophysiological aspects  of  the  pathogenesis  of  the  child
cerebral palsy and of its treatment. In particular, we have evaluated
the involvement of the  segmentary  structures  in  the  pathological
process after perinatal damage of the CNS. I use modern  computerized
myograph "Counterpoint"  and  the  up-to-date  electroneuromyographic
methods (H-reflex, F-wave, evoked potentials etc.),  which  allow  to
evaluate  the  functional  status  of  the  neuromotor  apparatus  in
children with cerebral palsy  and  to  develop  new  methods  of  its
diagnostics. I also take part in a development of a new method of the
child cerebral palsy treatment, which  includes  microwave  resonance
therapy.
      As you can see, I have an experience in a wide range  of  areas
and I strongly believe that I could be useful in  your  research.  If
you could invite me I would be very happy and obliged to you. You can
propose the object and problem of investigation yourself, but  I,  in
my turn, could offer some ideas.
      Please  find  attached  my  CV.  I  can  also   send   to   you
recommendation letters from my senior colleagues if  necessary.  Hope
to receive your answer soon. Please take into consideration that  the
mail to and from Russia often goes very slowly.

      Sincerely     yours,
                                Ludmila Antonova, Ph. D.
                          CURRICULUM VITAE

Name:             Ludmila V.  ANTONOVA

Official Address: Institute of Pediatry, Russian Academy of Medical