PhD position in neuroethology

colinh at psychology.leeds.ac.uk colinh at psychology.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Sep 2 11:25:20 EST 1994

Don't know of anyone at the moment, as all our good students
have been taken up - but am very, very interested in your work.
My work is very much related in that I and my group study the
behavioural reactions of prey species to the calls of owls
(Hendrie(1991) The calls of murine predators activate
endogenous analgesia mechanisms in laboratory mice. Physiol Behav 49: 569-573)
We have also done an extensive series of studies on pharmacological
manipulations and extended these lab studies to wild species.
Currently we are looking at the telemetry of the response.

I would be very interested to talk with you further about this
as I am anxious to know as much as I can about owl hunting
strategies as this obviously feeds into the defensive pattern
of the prey - will you be in Berlin for the EBPS meeting next week?

Hope to hear from you

colinh at psychology.leeds.ac.uk
(sorry for clogging the news group with personal messages,
but our server isn't fully functional today!)