Does a Herpes simiae B infection inluence neurotransmission?

Ilonka Guenther guenther at cvax.psi.ch
Mon Sep 5 11:56:11 EST 1994

Dear Netters,

I am looking for some information about the influence of a Herpes simiae B
virus infection in Rhesus monkey (Macaca mulatta) on the dopaminergic system.
First of all: Is there any influence in the brain at all? If this is
the case:

1. Does the infection has any influence on transport systems in the blood brain
   barrier (especially on the transporter of large neutral amino acids, LNAA)?

2. Is there any influence in the brain concerning neurotransmission? - I am
   especially interested in the dopaminergic system.

Any information will be appreciate very much.

Please respond to my e-mail address.

			Ilonka Guenther
			Guenther at cvax.psi.ch