neurosi education

Jeff Sirianni sirianni at
Sat Sep 10 13:44:15 EST 1994

In article <34q91a$8qj at>,
Diana Weedman <dlweed at> wrote:
>I am trying to create a three-week intensive neuroscience course
>for gifted high-school kids as part of Johns Hopkins' Center for
>Talented Youth (CTY). It's a lab course, so I am looking for ideas
>for demonstrations/labs which can be done with inexpensive materials
>and would be interesting to 14-yr olds. Any ideas/leads would be
>Diana Weedman
>Neurosci dept.
>Johns Hopkins Univ.
How about measuring resting membrane potentials in crawfish tails.
This seems to be an easy experiment to set-up and perform.  Include
varying extracellular K+ and Cl- concentrations when compared to
normal 0.9 mM ringers solution.

Jeff Sirianni
University of Texas At Austin
Communication Sciences and Disorders