Neuroanatomy software

d-gitelman at nwu.edu d-gitelman at nwu.edu
Fri Sep 16 12:00:58 EST 1994

In article <Cw2M44.JDE at festival.ed.ac.uk>, adshort at festival.ed.ac.uk (A
Short) wrote:

> Can anyone point me to software for teaching neuroanatomy
> for the parts of CNS, nuclei, tracts i.e the macroscopic level?.
> We prefer a PC platform, and our preferred species are human and rat.

1-2 years back, Miles Pharmaceuticals came out with a very nice simple
Hypercard stack that showed beautifully detailed pictures of brain
anatomy, both cortex and brainstem in the human. The stack would also show
outlines of structures, and could be used to test knowledge. I know they
also made a PC version. I do not know if either version is still
available. You might try calling them

--
Darren R. Gitelman, M.D.
Center for Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology
d-gitelman at nwu.edu