Neuroanatomy software

J. A. Kiernan jkiernan at
Mon Sep 19 09:08:49 EST 1994

In article <d-gitelman-1609941100580001 at> d-gitelman at writes:
>From: d-gitelman at
>Subject: Re: Neuroanatomy software
>Date: Fri, 16 Sep 1994 11:00:58 -0600

>In article <Cw2M44.JDE at>, adshort at (A
>Short) wrote:

>> Can anyone point me to software for teaching neuroanatomy
>> for the parts of CNS, nuclei, tracts i.e the macroscopic level?.
  I recommend this programme very strongly (because I wrote it):

   NEUROTUT.EXE  (Self-extracting archive)

        NRO  Human Neuroscience Tutorial, Version
         1.05 (May 1994).  When installed on a hard
         disk (needs 582 KB) it provides eight
         Neuroanatomy tutorials and over 300
         revision questions that cover the whole of
         Human Neuroscience.  A color monitor is
         very desirable but not essential. By
         John A. Kiernan, Department of Anatomy,
         The University of Western Ontario, London,

  It's available from two medical shareware sites:

   1. University of Texas, Houston Medical shareware
         anonymous FTP:
         If you can't find it, write to:  sfath at

   2. Medical Education Shareware, Univ. of California, Irvine
         anonymous FTP:
         If necessary, write to:  sclancy at

   These are accessible with Gopher.

   If you try NEUROTUT please let me know what you think of it.

                                     John A. Kiernan
                                     Department of Anatomy
                                     Univ. of Western Ontario
                                     LONDON, Canada  N6A 5C1