animal model/Multiple Sclerosis

Ben Inglis binglis at
Wed Sep 21 10:51:12 EST 1994

In article ihd at, jrdvmdiver at (JRDVMDIVER) writes:
>Try posting your request for info on

I didn't see the original posting.  What was the request?

For now, this may help.  There is an animal model of immune-mediated
demyelination which exhibits numerous similarities with multiple sclerosis.
It is called experimental allergic encephalomyelitis (EAE) and is induced
by inoculation with mycobacterium tuberculosis (the TB virus) in complete
Freund's adjuvant (CFA).  The acute disease is monophasic and characterised
by perivenous inflammation.  It is also possible to induce chronic relapsing
(CR) EAE.  The degree of demyelination in acute and CR-EAE is unclear.
Anyway, the disease is described in a book by Lassman and I have several
refs. on EAE studied by NMR/MRI.  Let me know if you want them.