brain scans on musicians???

NeuroWayne neurowayne at aol.com
Tue Sep 20 22:44:02 EST 1994

In article <holzer.9.000B2B19 at balu.kfunigraz.ac.at>,
holzer at balu.kfunigraz.ac.at (Ulrike Holzer-Petsche) writes:

>I'm a composer with a layperson's interest in neuroscience. Does anyone
>out there happen to know if there have ever been, or are to be, brain
>scans of any kind carried out on musicians while performing, listening
to,
>learning or imagining music?

Try searching for paper written by M. Khorman in the last decade -- he
carried out BEAM (Brain Electrical Activity Mapping -- a procedure now
considered statistically invalid by many) studies on subjects listening to
music (and other taksks) at the U. of Chicago.

W. Rubinstein   Park Ridge, IL    {neurowayne at aol.com}